Monday, January 30, 2012

My Darn Back

I finished all of the meds today and my back has stopped getting better.  I am about 80%, I have full range of motion but still have pain when I wake up or sit for too long.  THIS IS SOOOO FRUSTRATING!!..  Unlike other times I have been injured and improvement continues until I reach 100% this is frustrating.  I started gettting better and it just sort of stopped at he beginning of last week.  I am still only biking and swimming because those do not seem to make it any worse and as a matter of fact, biking actually makes it feel better....  weird

So, Dr. M won't be back until next Sunday.  If he doesn't think it will get worse or relapse, I can deal with it, add core work and running back in.  If he thinks my progress will slide I am sure he will want to inject the area directly with anti infammatory meds. Although not very appealing, at this point, I really don't care, I want it to get better and go back to pain free training. 

Ironman Coeur D'Alene is 21 weeks away (tick tock tick tock) I am definately feeling the pressure start to build with each day that passes that I am not able to train the way I feel like I should be training...  In the meantime, I am spending a lot of focused time on the trainer getting high quality workouts in and swimming.  I have also added some Yoga back in not that my friend Tiffany has allowed me to borrow some Yoga videos. 

Probably no more udpates this week unless something significant happens.  Until then, happy training.

Tracy Butler 

No comments:

Post a Comment