Monday, September 20, 2010

Great Weekend, horrible run

Happy Monday everyone!

The weekend around the Butler's was a good one and I hope yours was too. Saturday morning Don B and I met at Pere Marquette park for a long ride. My legs were pretty fatigued going in due to the long build week and doing hills on Thursday but as I tell myself, these days are the ones that mean the most so we set off on the first climb. The climb went okay for me but I felt a lot more tired early when compared to the same ride on 9/6. Don wasn't so lucky as he was stung by a bee on the lip near the top of Marquette Park. He soldiered on (I was kind of hoping he would want to call it a day ;-)) but he didn't. We took the ferry over to Calhoun and rode up the Illinois River on the West side towards Brussels, with a side trip up Batchtown hill coming back with a turn around in Hardin. We then retraced our route to Pere Marquette finishing with a revers of the pervious climb.

The total ride was 64 miles and it took us 4:35 hours to complete. Avg speed was 16MPH with a total climbing Ascent of 2905 feet. My Avg HR was 134 BPM which puts it solidly in my aerobic zone 2 (where it should be). Over 80% of my ride was zone 3 and below. My average power at 177 watts (Tempo Zone 3) this is partially spiked due to hills. I did almost 25 minutes with power above 261 Watts (Zone 6) and this was the climbs. All said it was a great ride and although we cutout the last hill at Hardin it was still a very challenging ride.

This weeks highlights have a 2.5 hour run on Tuesday, a 2 hour hill workout on Friday with what Jennifer calls my "Big Day" on Sunday. I don't quite know what that means yet until but as we speak I just got an email from her so I will be calling her now.

This is what it looks like:

4:30 a.m.-5:00 a.m. Wake up and eat a race-day breakfast followed by some light stretching and mental preparation.
7:00 a.m.-8:00 a.m. Swim for one hour at race intensity using race-day gear.
8:00 a.m.-9:30 a.m. Get off of your legs and eat a light meal.
9:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m. Ride as you will do on race day including intensity, equipment, clothing, fluids and nutrition.
2:30 p.m.-4:00 p.m. Get off of your legs and eat a light, mostly liquid meal.
4:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m. Run as planned for race day including intensity, clothing, shoes, other gear, fluids and nutrition.


All for now..

Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment