Monday, September 13, 2010

What a week!

First I want to give a shoutout to IRONMAN Danny Soshnik with a 1:22 run, 5:49 bike and a 3:57 marathon for a total time of 11:21:50. Incredible and I am happy for you IRONMAN!

My weekend wasn't nearly as good as that but still good. I had a solid run on Saturday after a hard week of training. I work early and coincidentally when when Danny was starting is swim in Madison, WI I was starting my 1:15 swim at home. I had a brief rest at church and then proceeded to ride the bike for 3 hours and all went well. I had great power averages and a really solid ride for it being such a tough week. This week has been the most intense training week to date and it is going to build for the next two weeks. The challenge is going to be to really push myself without getting injured or sick so we will see. I have a day off today which will help but back at it on Tuesday.

Rene finished her season this weekend at Trail of Tears triathlong in Cape. Hearing the description it was a trail of tears. She finished 3rd in her age group and she said there were a lot of DNF (did not finish). She said the run course didn't have a flat spot on it and was actually booed at the awards ceremony. She was the second fastest run in your age group by 1 second. BTW... she did it with (what has now been diagnosed) as bronchitis or whooping cough. Wow....What a first year she has had but she has now said she is taking the week off (the doctor confirmed) and then who knows what from there.

This week is going to be another tough one but now Danny has inspired me. He warned me the builds would be fun!

All for now, have a great week!

Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment