Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The Beginning - well actually that is a lie

So I am starting my blog with a lie. Hopefully that will be the only one.

Technically this is the beginning of my Blog that hopefully will chronicle my year of training, challengs, failures and hopefully ultimate success at the Ford Ironman Arizona this November 2010. My training actually began last year with my first triathlon (or 5 in this case) to get me on the road to becoming an Ironman.

Currenty, I track all of my workouts, emails to my coach (Jennifer Meyer at TriSmart training systems) etc so I have a good record of all that I am doing. My training is with a purpose and engineered so I am not "winging it" My purpose here is to capture the day to day overview of what it takes in the life of a normal guy trying to accomplish one of the most challenging endurance events that I could imagine. My hope is that one day, when my kids hate me, have gotten lazy, lost direction, or just trying to find themselves this would serve as a reference for them. To maybe realize their problem with Dad can't be that great. I hope that day never comes but I have seen too many times when it has for others. Kathryn and Nathan, this is for you guys. Your Dad (and Mom) love you. I don't know what the future holds for my training so this may be the biggest fizzle or on a very oustide chance I hope it inspires you to do something that all logic tells you that you can't.

So that is the purpose of this blog. Probably not much different than the others out there on the subject. To be honest, I haven't looked since this is for my personal records vs. trying to sell, promote or brag. With that said, I will make one apology for spelling and grammer. There it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment