Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Worst Blisters of my life

It is Tuesday and it has been awhile since my last post. Following my last post "Blistered" I actually felt good enough to try to run on Friday morning. I took the day off to be around for the construction project plus Rene and I promised the kids we would do something fun in the afternoon. So, with my blisters well under my skin and very deep I figured I would go for a run and see how it went.

My run consisted of an hour rolling hills. I wore my Zoots for a little more padding thinking that would help the blisters. Well, the good news is that I made it through my run. The bad news is that it was horrible. My left foot was killing me and the blisters only worsened due to the fact that there was a layer of fluid between layers of skin so every time my foot hit the ground the pressure from the fluid seemed like it was working between the layers of skin. I got home and the blisters were still intact but I was limping horribly and it worsened throughout the day. We went to the Magic House that afternoon with the kids and my foot killed me the entire time. That night when I got home, I had to do something so I relieved the pressure on the bilsters and instant relief.

Saturday I went for a 3.5 hour bike ride that went very well eventhough the winds were as challenging as I have ever rode in. I wore socks so the impact on my foot was minimal. I didn't run this weekend and had yesterday as an off day. Jennifer has a run scheduled for me today (short 45 minute run) that I am going to wear my Vibram's for with liberal GLIDE usage. We will see how it goes.

I am less than one week out from the GO St. Louis half marathon and still not sure what shoes I am going to wear. Rene asked me last night what my pace was going to be and I am afraid I may not be able to finish the damn thing at this point due to lack of shoes?

Tonight will tell a lot, we will see what happens. I am going to try to send a picture of my foot in a few but I am not sure how that will work from my phone.

More tomorrow, tomorrow will tell a lot.

Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment