Friday, May 28, 2010

More Time in a day? Wouldn't it be nice

My family plays a game every once in awhile that I am sure many of you have played when driving or looking for something to disucss and that is ... If you had a super power what would it be? The game is pretty straight forward but in our house you have to explain why that superpower is better than all of the other ones... Today, If I could have a super power it would be the abiity to freeze time / make the days longer / survive on less sleep. Nothing cool like flying or invisibility, just more time....

Swam at lunch yesterday, had a meeting after work that lasted until after 9:00 last night, home @ 9:30, change clothes and jumped on the bike for an hour ride. Since I can't go directly to sleep after working out, I cleaned the skimmers in the pool, took a quick swim to cool off, tended to the hot tub since I just drained it, stretched a bit and then to bed. I paid the price this morning because waking at 5:00 was just too early. Again, I knew this was going to be a tough journey but I count my blessings everyday that my long days are MY CHOICE and not a choice made for me due to circumstances like sickness, finances, mandatory travel, or many of the other things that have to be dealt with in life. Whenever I don't feel like pushing or getting out of bed or tackling a problem I think about the good fortune that has blessed my family and then do my best to make the right choice and do it anyway.

I only have a run test tonight which is nice and that I will do after work. Rene is going to work with Coach Jennifer tomorrow at New Town with an Open Water Swim and ride. I am going to stay at home with the kids and enjoy my morning with them. It will be nice since I have been home very little lately and am out of town again for most of next week.

All for now, have a great long weekend

Tracy
www.acropolistech.com

No comments:

Post a Comment