Wednesday, June 2, 2010

I'm a begger on the las vegas strip - officially

I am currently in Las Vegas for a vendor conference. After sitting through sessions today I had to get my 1:15 hour run in and for some reason I have always enjoyed running on the strip. There are so many people to watch and avoid it is similar to trail running but with cars and people instead of trees and stumps.

Anyway, I went for my run. The current temp is 93 degrees with no humidity. The black pavement has to make it hotter but in preparation for my run I grabbed a bottle of water at the bell stand before I set off. I ran from Mandalay Bay down past Treasure Island and the Wynn. I ran out of water at about the turn around and figured I was going to die of thirst on the way back. For those of you that haven't been here in awhile they have street vendors selling bottles of water almost on every block. A bottle of water costs a buck and guess what I didn't bring any of .... Money... So as I am running I was in front of the Bellagio and stopped a group of people that looked nice. I explained my situation and asked for a dollar to buy a bottle of water. My salty running shirt I thought was a give away that I was obviously out running and that this was not my schtick to beg for money. The first person I asked was appalled and said she didn't have any money... BS... come on, this is Vegas... at least tell me you don't give money to beggars or something but a lame excuse like... I don't have any money is tough to believe. Fortunately for me, a very nice person overheard my explanation and her rude response and reached into her purse and gave me a dollar. I thanked her and was on my way. The water was gone by the time I got back to the Hotel but all was good.

The run itself was okay. It was hot but so is IMAZ so it was good training for me.

That is all I had workout wise for today and now I can cross "begging for water on the vegas strip" off of my bucket list. It has been a productive day.

All for now...

Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment