Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Back at it! T-Minus 26 days and counting!

Happy Tuesday and I hope this finds you well.

I have had 3 days off of doing nothing but recovery following my "Big Day" and to be honest, it is time to get back at it. I can't remember the last time I had 3 days off and I am glad it is over! I was able to actually be around the house and spend time with the family which was great. We still had a very busy weekend but no more than usual and we were able to take things as they came vs. having to schedule every waking moment like we have been doing. The good news is that my shoulder feels great with zero pain and I will swim tonight. That will be the test. My lower back is still a little sore in the morning but loosens up as the day goes on. I have a run tonight. The fact that my back didn't bother me much on the big day is a good sign but time will tell.

Nothing much more to report other than a lighter recovery week this week, then a heavy week working down in distance but staying up in intensity during the taper. The weather watch has begun for Tempe trying to figure out what the weather is going to be like. Last year on the 21st it was a low in the upper 40's over night with it warming to the mid 70's peaking at around 2pm then a slow cool into the evening. Just about perfect race conditions with low humidity. Last year when I volunteered I remember it being a little warm mid day but I will be on the bike during that portion so the breeze will make it fine.

Have a great rest of the week!

Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment