Tuesday, June 8, 2010

I hit a squirrel....... On my bike

Yep, you read it right, I can't make that up. I have been riding a bike since I was five years old. I have hit rocks, a building, my friends but never have I hit an animal.....until today.

It was the strangest thing ever. I was riding on the Edwardsville trails and like many other rides I see a lot of animals. Deer, rabbits, skunks (more on them in a minute) and my squirrel. He/or she darts out in front of me, as I go left, the squirrel goes left, I go right and the squirrel goes right and the next thing it is in front of me and .... well.... I ran over it. The squirrel rolled, I avoided crashing and the the squirrel ran off. I didn't stop because (A) I am not a vet so even if the squirrel was hurt, I couldn't do anything and (B) I am guessing it was pretty pissed at me and have you ever seen squirrel teeth? No thanks....

Now for the skunks, a few miles up the trail I came up on what looked like lumps of white and black, as I get closer it is 4 skunks and the last thing I wanted to do is hit them so I went left and rode past... no incident....

Other than hitting a squirrel on a bike, it was a good ride....

All for now
Tracy

1 comment:

  1. Hmm, I thought squirrel made good stew? Just kidding. Training for IM St. George, I ran over a snake and I didn't stop to see how pissed off it was. Another time mountain biking, a snake was on the trail before I could react I ran him over him and my tires flew him into the air. Luckily there wasn't anyone behind me. Glad to hear it was a good ride overall.

    ReplyDelete