Sunday, August 15, 2010

My wife ROCKS! Cool trophy too!

The kids and I went to the Wood River Triathlon to support Rene yesterday. It is a Sprint tri that includes a 450 meter swim, 12 mile bike and a 4 mile run. The distances aren't long but this is always a well attended event for both experienced triathletes and first timers alike. This is always a tough one because it is literally a Sprint go as hard and as fast as you can until you finish or pass out. It has been hot the last couple of years and yesterday was no exception.

Rene beat her last year time by over 10 minutes improving in all 4 disciplines (I count transition too) to win her age group that had over 30 women in it. She rocked it and I am very proud of her! She did awesome.

My weekend consisted of a run yesterday and a long ride today. Today's ride was the longest I have done to date an it went surprisingly well. Watching rene race yesterday made me want to race too, when I got up at 4:30 this morning for my ride I was glad I chose not to.

Have a great week! More to come

Tracy


- read about my inspiration Deborah ... www.olneyfamilyonline.com

Location:Albers Ln,Bethalto,United States

No comments:

Post a Comment