Sunday, February 14, 2010

Disney Cruise

First post in awhile. My family, the Swanson's and the Barton's have been on the Disney Magic for a week cruise. I am not sure where to begin so I will begin with my training.

- I was able to run twice on the cruise
- I was able to cycle 3 tims on spinning bikes on the cruise
- I was able to do a short (1000) yard OWS at Castaway Cay. I would have swam more but the waves were brutal when swimming against the wind. It was a good experience though because I definatley had to change on the fly. However, as you will see below, this was no normal day at Castaway Cay.

Not as much as I would have liked but not bad. I am sure my caloric burn was no where near my intake. that will create a challenge for this week.

Now for the highlights:
1) The Barton's got an upgrade to a nearly 1,000 SQF suite that literally took up the back quarter of the ship. It was great having a place to hang out, watch the SuperBowl etc... they had a private concierge that got them whatever whenever. It was RIDICULOUS. We did ask the booking agent what they rent that room for nomrally and it goes for 12,400 / week normally. It was NICE

2) For the first time in the history of DCL we got stranded in Castaway Cay. The current and the wind was incredible. The captain couldn't back out of CC and we got stuck. We were delayed leaving by 24 hours AND they gave us 20% off our next cruise. They had a full day of events scheduled for us and it was basically a bonus day. However, I am soooo glad we weren't at sea when the storm hit. They were literally not letting people out on deck and the winds were gusting up to 60MPH.

Now back to training. Although I wasn't a complete idiot when it came to eating I eat desert once a month maybe, not every night like I did on the cruise. I am really curious as to how quickly I shed the excess.

I guess we will see. Never the less. My goal in the upcoming 30 days is shed some weight to increase my power and pace. My recommendation, don't begin by over eating on a cruise! It was a great trip and I guess once week of decadence per year isn't too bad.

more later

No comments:

Post a Comment