Wednesday, February 24, 2010

I was runnin (in my best Forrest Gump voice)

It has been a few days so here is my update.

My swimming this week has been great. Like I said to Rene, these have been "grudge swims". Work is a killer right now, this economy is really affecting our clients therefore affecting us. I can't remember a time with the exception of maybe 9/11 that our clients have been so profoundly affected. However, as I always say everything is relative and we have had it sooooo great for sooooo long I had hoped we had weathered the economic downturn but it is really affecting some clients now. Again, speaking to things being relative, we are in a great position as a company to really do some things long term that we haven't been able to do because we have been soo busy. We control our destiny and as head cheerleader it falls on me to keep eveyrone upbeat and pulling in the same direction.

This isn't a business blog but a triathlon blog so the purpose of my first paragraph was only to say that training has been really good for me mentally. It has given me time to think ans really ponder next steps and strategic direction. I have some things that I am going to focus on so that Acropolis will come out on the otherside better. Buffet says (Warren not Jimmy) be aggressive when others are scared and scared when others are aggressive and john Q public is definately scared right now.

So, since my injury I was able to get my run workout in last night wiht little pain (2 on a scale of 10). The TENS unit has been fantastic and today is the first day that I don't plan on using it most of the day. I truly believe that is the difference between not being able to run 2 minutes on Sunday to running (albeit short) 20 minutes last night. Yesterday was the first day that I felt comfortable knowing that I didn't mess my knee up for an extended period. I still plan on taking it easy but yesterday was a positive day.

At home we had a very positive parenting experience. The short of it is that KGB got graded on a project in a way that she thought was unfair. We talked to her about it over the weekend and suggested that she politely but directly discuss it with the teacher and she did with a very positive outcome for her and more importantly I life lesson that I hope sticks with her for a long time to come. I know I am biased but as I say to my children weekly when I put the to bed, "You will do great things one day" and I firmly believe that. These are tough ages because they are still kids but now is the time they are developing their strengths that will carry them through life so the touch job is to be there for them when they need us but at the same time stay out of their way so they can develop their "filter".

There is a lot going on right now in all facets of life but I wouldn't have it any other way. I have my monthly company meeting tonight, followed by my Search Team meeting. Up at 4:45, work by 6:00. I plan on cycling at the gym between 3:00 and my meeting at 5:00. I can sleep when I'm dead, keeping the schedule together is getting increasingly more difficult. I love Rene and she allowing me to train. I hope the example I am setting for KGB and NBB will offset the time away. That is the struggle and what weighs on me.

I am babbling now.... time to get back to work. It is a big day.

all for now

Tracy Butler
www.acropolistech.com

No comments:

Post a Comment