Monday, February 15, 2010

Swimovate - Pool Mate Watch

Being the hopeless romantic trathletes that my wife Rene and I are. I bought her a Pool Mate swimmers watch. She has always complained that she is so busy keeping track of laps, strokes per lap etc... that it is difficult to focus on mechanics. SOOOOO I did some research and found this watch that uses motion sensors much like a wii remote to count laps, measure efficiency, strokes per length etc...

At first glance this thing is pretty cool. It keeps track of rest periods between sets, calories, distance, strokes, strokes per lap and basically anything else you may wnat to know about your swimming. The only thing it doesn't do is work for Open Water Swimming, Heart Rate, and dowload to your pc. You still need to manually get the info recorded on the watch into the PC but what a great too. BTW... I am such a romantic I bought one for myself for valentines day from Rene. Hers is pink, mine is black....

I took it out on its maiden voyage today. It recorded everything perfectly but because I didn't review how to review all of the data I accidentally deleted the records for my 1.2 mile swim today... OOOPS.. However, I was able to look at the overall data and it looked dead on..... It looks like a normal watch (I'm wearing it now) but great for swimmers!!!!!

Here is the link, check it out.. http://www.swimovate.com/

BTW... my swim went great, the prvious speed work focus I think will really pay off. It looks like my training is switching to more endurance swims. I ran into my swim coach Hap Gentry at the pool. It was great to see him. He gave me shit about not going to Masters Class.... I will have to start going to Masters Class......


All of now....

No comments:

Post a Comment