Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Forearem Fulcrum

Just a quick note today.

When Rene and I were having our last training session with Hap Gentry he introduced us to the Finis Forearm Fulcrum. The purpose is basically to draw attention to bending your wrist on the pull during the swim stroke. If you think about it, when you get fatigued you tend to take the path of least resistance. In swimming that equates to (among other things) a shallow recovery and breaking the wrist on the pull. If you think of it, when you are using your entire forearm and hand as a paddle vs. breaking the wrist and using just your hand the hand is easier. What this device does is basically "fall off" your arm or become really loose if you break your wrist. You can really only use this device for drills and so far, I plan to only use it for a few 100 yards in warmup just to reinforce the connection.

I got my set on the internet for $10. If you want to find out more go to http://www.finisinc.com/P-10502850/Forearm-Fulcrum-Sr

I used it yesterday and plan on making it a regular part of my swim workout.

Happy Training

Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment