Friday, March 26, 2010

How did the day from Hell go?

It is Friday and this is a follow-up from my last post. My last post was the plan and this is the post mortem. The good news is that I was able to get all of my workouts in yesterday, the bad news is every minute of my day was scheduled from the moment I woke up til the moment I went to bed. Here is the breakdown:

4:30 am - out of bed
4:45 - 5:45 am - on the Trainer - (watched the beginning of The Hearbreak kid - pretty funny if you like Ben and Jerry Stiller
6:05 am - Out the door to work
7:00 - noon - work, meetings busy
Noon - 1:05 - 2400 yard swim at noon
1:10 to 4PM - finish work - busy (we have a ton of stuff going on right now)
4-4:45 - Drive home
4:45 - 5:45 - cook supper for the kids (Rene went for a run) and finish prepping for my Church meeting
6:00 - 9:00 - Church meeting and travel home
9:15 - 10:00 - On the Trainer to finish my ride (coincidentally the TV show Sports Science review the physiological behind Ironman
10:00-10:10 - Shower and lights out

Now Today

Not as hectic at work but still busy. I have a 35 minute Tempo Swim today that I want to get in at noon. I will run this afternoon when I get home, quick shower and then off to Rene's parents Anniversay Party.

I hated to split up my workouts yesterday but better to do that than to miss them entirely. I am looking forward to my run today in the Vibram's. My calves are finally getting to the point that they are not sore anymore, just a little tight.

I am really starting to think the you need three things to be an IRONMAN - FOCUS, PERSEVERANCE, and the ability to schedule and stick to the schedule. I guess a 4th would be the ability to go without sleep.

Tracy Butler
www.acropolistech.com

No comments:

Post a Comment