Monday, March 29, 2010

New Week = New Challenges

Last week was a build week. My Annual Training Plan (ATP) had me scheduled to complete 10:45 hours in training and I actually complete 11:20. I had a solid training week eventhough the weather has not totally changed. I had a 3 hour "reverse" Brick yesterday and consisted of a Tempo hour run on the dreadmill followed by a 2 hour bike ride on the Drainer. It figures that as soon as I am finishing up on the bike the rain stops and the sun comes out.

I got a message from my coach yesterday that read...Sorry- Originally this was supposed to be a reocvery week, but I changed my mind. Recovery week next week leading up to GO instead." GO is a 1/2 Marathon.

So, it looks like I have to wait another week for a break. I am starting to feel it but one more semi-heavy week should really help me build. I am going to pay close attention since this will be the 4th week in a row with a pull back. My TSB (Measure of how fatigued I am) is at a -27.3. This is the 2nd highest it has ever been. So, I will try to stay in tune with what my body is telling me. If I feel drained I may pull back a bit. Right now I am feeling tired but not fatigued so we will see what happens. I like my progress and will see what happens.

I am really on the fence on if I should run GO in my Barefoot 5 finger shoes. I am still pretty torn but we will see.

Have a good week
Tracy Butler
www.acropolistech.com

No comments:

Post a Comment